T: 01229 585 778
Ulverston Town Council Office, County Square, Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 7LZ
TOWN COUNCIL OF ULVERSTON
CENTRAL WARD OF THE PARISH
VACANCY TOWN COUNCILLOR
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972 (SECTION 87(2))
THE LOCAL ELECTIONS (PARISHES AND COMMUNITIES) (ENGLAND
AND WALES) RULES 2006 (RULE 5)
(1) There is a vacancy on the above-mentioned Council caused by:
The death of Cllr Dr. Bharath Rajan
(2) A by-election to fill the vacancy must be held if, within 14 days from the date of
the publishing of this Notice, ten electors for the Ward give notice, in writing, to
the Returning Officer of their request for an election.
(3) If a by-election is called it will not be held until 6 May 2021 in line with the Local
Government and Police and Crime Commissioner (Coronavirus) (Postponement
of Elections and Referendums) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
(4) The Returning Officer for Parish Elections is Simon McVey, South Lakeland
District Council, South Lakeland House, Lowther Street, Kendal, Cumbria LA9
(5) If no such notice is given, the Parish/Town Council must fill the vacancy by cooption as soon as practicable after the expiry of the period of 14 days referred to
at Paragraph (2) above.
Dated: 30 June 2020
Signed Jayne Kendall
Address of Town Clerk
Town Council Office, County Sq, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 7LZ.
(1) This form is for use where a vacancy occurs six months or more before the fourth day after the day of the next
(2) In computing any period of time for the purposes of this notice a Saturday, Sunday, Christmas Eve, Christmas
Day, Good Friday or a Bank Holiday or a day appointed for public thanksgiving or mourning, shall be